Alt. Dub Names

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Alt. Dub Names

I know a lot of people get upset or annoyed with the changes in the Digimon dub, and one of those complaints are the names. Names that don't fit, sound weird, or the japanese equivelent is all around better.

So here's a little game. If you were in control of naming ANY of the Digimon characters from any season, what would you name them? You can change dub names to something else, or even change names that are still in japanese.

All I ask is that you:
A. Be serious ('Lolz I'd call Gaomon "Dogmon!"')
B. Do not say that you'd let the character keep the original name, because that's cheap!

You can stick with the original as close as you want, but it has to be changed somehow. Be creative!

(And lets not start any Dub vs. Sub arguements, please D: )

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I think Miyako would have used Miya. That's a pretty name, and would have fit her.

Jenrya could have taken the last name that many fans know him by - Lee. That's what they called Syaron in CCS, so it's not like it's an unknown anime name. Henry just seems so... random.

I've never heard of the name "Davis" - I think David would have worked better.

For Kazu, I think using the first part of his name - Hiro - would have been better. Think of the jokes that could have arose :-p Hiro = hero~~~

"I AM THE TRUE HERO WITH MY GUARDROMON!" *cough*

Don't know Frontier, so I'll stay silent on that.

Ikuto, I don't know, but Keenan = horrible. Rest of the Savers names are fine with me. I rather like Marcus and Thomas - they make perfect sense. But Keenan?!

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
02: Miyako would have been May, Iori would have been Ian.
Tamers: Guilmon would have been Gilamon (pronounced Hee-luh-mahn, like Gila Monster), Ruki would have been Ruby, Juri would have been Julie, Hirokazu would have been Harry, Kenta would have been Carter, Shuichon would have been Sherri.
Frontier: KaizerGreymon would have been KingGreymon.
Savers: The Daimons would have been the Diamonds, Megumi would have been Megan, Yatagaramon would have been Corvusmon (Since Crowmon just HAD to be used >_<)

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
I was thinking of a good substitue for "Keenan", but I like "Nick". It still has the "Ik" from Ikuto.

Jeri would be Julie, because at first I couldn't stop thinking "Jerry is a dude's name..."

And something like "Excalimon" or something else knight-related for Dukemon, just not "Gallantmon". What a lame name. :(

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I suppose I could play my own game as well...

I was never quite sure how the dubbers made 'Cody' out of Iori. Cody Isn't really a bad name, but something like Corey would have been a little closer. Corey could have also been used for Koushiro, but I think Izzy is a fine name.

For Ikuto...they could go the Medabots route and call him 'Ikki', haha.

I'm actually surprised that Jeri wasn't named Julie. As for Henry...the logic behind that is kinda weird, isn't it? Jenrya....Henry...a? I have to admit, I was like, 12 when the Temers dub came out, and I had to wonder, 'why didn't they just call him Lee?'

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Better Dub Names than the ones they have, yet they have to be Dub Names ?

Best Solution would be the original Names of Course, but since it has to be Dub Names....

Koushiro - Connor
Miyako - Mikaela
Iori - Johnny
Junpei - Jules or Jeff
Ikuto - Ike

kaizer

Kaizer kun
To be honest im such a creature of habit Id probably stick to the originals the one thing Id change is how they pronounce Daisuke I always thought it was pronounced Dai-su-ke not Dais-kei for some reason to me that sounded completely wrong.
I also thought this when I heard the pronunciation of sasuke's name in naruto i was completely disappointed.......... Well im just odd like that

celestial_sacred

It's still da-i-su-ke and can also be da-is-ke. It's something like pronouncing "is.it." as "izzit".

Miyako - Mikaela
Ooo.. Interesting. I've never heard of this name before. ^^

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
celestial_sacred said:
Miyako - Mikaela
Ooo.. Interesting. I've never heard of this name before. ^^
Mikaela Gordon, top 12 of American Idol season 3? Michaela Pereira, anchor on the KTLA Morning News here in Los Angeles, CA?

celestial_sacred

I hardly followed season 3. XD And obviously I don't know about US people. And Transformers.. Haven't watched it..!!! Needs to!!

(Mind wonders to imagination - Miyako singing ala Mikaela.. :confused:)

jadenik

celestial_sacred;25291 said:
I hardly followed season 3. XD And obviously I don't know about US people. And Transformers.. Haven't watched it..!!! Needs to!!

(Mind wonders to imagination - Miyako singing ala Mikaela.. :confused:)

It was okay movie.