Airman ga Taosenai flash game

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Airman ga Taosenai flash game

I WANT TO MAKE ONE!!!

But sadly, I have no idea how to use Flash. T_T

Here's how I want it to work:

start how it works/

The background music is, of course, "Airman ga taosenai". I'll make a loop version.

As soon as "start game" is pressed, a countdown (3, 2, 1) appears to the beat of the music, and at zero, you see the fan rotating in, and the main gameplay screen appears.

The first 16 measures of the music are devoted to instructions, and then Airman appears.

(Instructions are: Arrow keys move and jump, z and x are fire, and space is defense shield.)

In this game, you're just trying to survive for the longest time, because, of course, Airman never dies. Your final score is based on both the time bonus (how long you survive) and the "hit bonus" - the score you accumulate by hitting Airman even if he really never dies.

As soon as Airman appears, a bonus counter starts counting up at a rate of 1 per beat, as well as a time counter by 1/100ths of a second. This counter is the bonus in points you get for hitting Airman. You get 100 points plus the hit bonus for hitting Airman once.

Airman will, periodically, send out tornado attacks. In this game, Rockman starts out with 24 life, like in a traditional game, but there are no E-tanks (boo) and each tornado that hits him will deal 3 damage. When Rockman dies, the time bonus is 1 point per 1/100 of a second that you survive.

The defense shield is a little something I just came up with to make the game more interesting, and to raise scores up a bit. It works for a total of 10 seconds in the game, and never recharges. Basically what it does, is create a large aura around Rockman that destroys all tornados around him.

/end how it works

Man, I want to make this so badly! But I don't know flash.

An optional feature would be to count a 100,000-point bonus (plus 2,160 for each life point you still have) when the music ends and Airman is exhausted to destruction, so that Airman does die a few times, huh?

(I typed all this up while all of you were at work/school/etc. I have way too much time on my hands... case in point for joining a fansub group for the summer before Grade 10 starts.)

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Pluvius;60003 said:
I thought Rockman had 28 life in the games.

28? Well, make it 28 then. I remember it being 24... but then again, that was only in Rockman & Forte.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Pluvius;60116 said:
I read 28 for bosses in Wily Wars recently on The Mechanical Maniacs.

Ah. Well, anyway, I'd only know how to program the game in VB, and I have no idea how to use sprites. I wonder if someone at Newgrounds would like to do some project like this? Could give it to them as well as all credit...

All I know is how the game would work in Game Maker.