Aegisub

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Aegisub

So I just got it, and am trying to play around with it, but I'm now close to tears, I have no clue. Somebody know how to help me out please? I've seen stuff on YT but it isn't helping much, I'm really kinda upset ATM.

EDIT: FYI, it's version 1.10

lswanddils

"A Banchou never lies!"
Scratch that, I don't know anything. Sorry. :(

---

I made the subtitles on a video, but now how do I save the video? Do you know? ... Or is that what you're trying to do...?

Koroku note: Please don't double post. :) I've merged your posts for you.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I got it recently myself, I got the basics down, but I have really no clue how to explain what I got (which is barely anything) to you. Sorry. There are plenty of guides on animesuki, I checked. That how I figured stuff out. And you just gotta try things.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
What are you trying to do? There's a lot that aegi can do (And the 2.x series has even more) but I need to get an idea of what you're trying to do first. :)

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Hmmm, okay. There are multiple ways of doing it, but I'll show you mine.

First, prepare a script in Notepad. Format it like this:

Actor: Line
Actor: Line
Actor2: Line2

So it'd look something like this...

Subaru: Geez Luna, what are you doing?
Luna: Why won't you turn into Rockman-sama?!
Luna: He's my one true God!!

After you've got your script complete, save it as a TXT file and open it up in Aegisub.

After you've got that, you want to start timing. To do this, go to Video -> Open Video, and open the video you're trying to sub. Then load the audio (Audio -> Load Audio from Video or something like that).

After the audio is loaded, you'll see the audio bar in the top right.

For each line:

1) Click at where the line begins in the audio.
2) Drag your mouse to where the line ends.
3) Let do, and it should appear redish colored.
4) Hit the little green checkmark, and it's saved!

Do that for all the lines, and you have yourself a timed script.

Typesetting is a bit more advanced, so lemme know when you feel that you've got timing down and I can do a bit of typesetting.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Sorry for double posting, but I thought I'd best get your attention in this way (well, I guess I could have PMed you, but you know...)

I've subbed the thing I wanted to, I just want to know how to finish it off, the subs are all there and timed right, just need to actually "glue" them onto the video, little help please.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
For that, you'll want to use VirtualDub with the TextSub filter, video compressed with XviD.

Don't have links on me, but google should help you for that.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I've googled it and I've downloaded version 1.7.8 (the latest stable version), but I can't find that Textsub filter, care to give me a shove in the right direction again? (I really appreciate all of this help).

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
It's called VobSub, I think. I don't know the link either, but that's what I downloaded to get the TextSub filter.