Addition to the Art in Albums Rule~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Addition to the Art in Albums Rule~

Well, I've contacted a few of the Japanese artists about their art being shown on other sites and things like that, and they have contacted me back, some asking that if I saw their art elsewhere, if I could ask the person to take them down, this brought discussion amongst the staff and we came to the conclusion, if one of the artists asks for their art NOT to be displayed, we should respect those wishes and it does go under the severity of art theft and be looked at as not giving credit to the artists.

This is a list of the artists who have asked for some OR all of their art to not be displayed at the moment:
Windia
Star Wave - Kiriban Art and Gift Art are the only types not allowed from her. However, she doesn't want "too many" pieces of art from her being shown about.
Blue&Red
Passion
Amamitsuhoshi - Only Free for all Art is allowed (And they only have one of the 20th anniversary at the moment)

I will add more as e-mails are received. If the name is not here, chances are they DID say yes. That is all.

Everybody will be given a few days to remove any art from the above artists before we contact users who have art from them and remove them ourselves.

Thank you all!

Edit: Also, please do not link to the art either. While you do not need to search through old posts, from now on, do NOT share the images from these artists through posts either.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I'm Greg and I support this announcement.

(^_~)

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Vande said:
There goes a LOT of RnR related art in the next few days....
Which is good, because it's clogging the board. You'd swear this place was deviantArt by now...

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
PrimoPiccolo;48273 said:
Which is good, because it's clogging the board. You'd swear this place was deviantArt by now...

But because of that we have special section for fanarts related to fandom (mostly RockMan). For me that's isn't bad thing cuz we may gain new potencial Members. Also as You know, most of them are really pretty nice and watching them is wonderful.

Emi-hime

PrimoPiccolo;48273 said:

XD Well, I don't put much (if any) of my artwork here. I put that on DA.

But heck, even I started putting some Digimon stuff in the album to help clear it up a bit~

Rocknote

Banned
PrimoPiccolo;48273 said:

Not really. Just the album territory will be fully conquered by Deviantart members soon. :p

Emi-hime

Added a note about linking the images in posts too. ^^;

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Nemomon said:
But because of that we have special section for fanarts related to fandom (mostly RockMan). For me that's isn't bad thing cuz we may gain new potencial Members. Also as You know, most of them are really pretty nice and watching them is wonderful.
Sure, I think the art itself is magnificent, and the artists are incredibly talented. I can't draw, so I really admire those who can. Only thing is, none of the threads actually DISCUSS anything. It's like "This is funny. *link to pic*" "Yeah, really funny. This is funny too, and it's cute: *link to another pic*".

I'd rather talk on a message board.

Rocknote

Banned
PrimoPiccolo;48283 said:
Sure, I think the art itself is magnificent, and the artists are incredibly talented. I can't draw, so I really admire those who can. Only thing is, none of the threads actually DISCUSS anything. It's like "This is funny. *link to pic*" "Yeah, really funny. This is funny too, and it's cute: *link to another pic*".

I'm a trainee in drawing too so don't feel sad about it.

I was told by an admin before that discussing and chatting are the same. Who should I listen to?

Rocknote

Banned
Emi;48228 said:
Star Wave - Kiriban Art and Gift Art are the only types not allowed from her. However, she doesn't want "too many" pieces of art from her being shown about.

Did you get the permission to put Star Wave arts in your site?

Emi-hime

Rocknote;48289 said:
Did you get the permission to put Star Wave arts in your site?

Yes. How would I know her permission standards otherwise?

Nemomon

PrimoPiccolo;48283 said:

True. You're right there. But still we haven't topic "One Artwork - discuss" or something like that. Also because that's an artwork from someone else we will not content on each of line on it. We also can't post suggestions, because an author will never read them. In that case, one will post *link to pic* after some words, someone else will post *link to another pic*. DATS never will be like DA, because we have only very few threads for images (yes, we have personal gallery but still that's something different than DA).

Namine

~Subaru ♥ Misora!
Nemomon;48291 said:
True. You're right there. But still we haven't topic "One Artwork - discuss" or something like that. Also because that's an artwork from someone else we will not content on each of line on it. We also can't post suggestions, because an author will never read them. In that case, one will post *link to pic* after some words, someone else will post *link to another pic*. DATS never will be like DA, because we have only very few threads for images (yes, we have personal gallery but still that's something different than DA).

What Nemo said was true about it

Emi-hime

Nemomon;48291 said:

Actually, a personal gallery with a comment feature is exactly like DA. XD

I just prefer this more because DA tends to freeze my computer, thus why I can't lurk their for long periods of time.

Nemomon

Emi;48293 said:
Actually, a personal gallery with a comment feature is exactly like DA. XD

I just prefer this more because DA tends to freeze my computer, thus why I can't lurk their for long periods of time.

Not exactly. Personal Gallery is only an addition to Forum and that's only a minor aspect of it. Posting an arts on DA is a very major aspect of DA. Also on DA You must post Your own work. Here You may post someone else work as long as an author is credited (according to first Rule about that). Because that's a minor part of us, it didn't bring any important problems to us.

Emi-hime

Nemomon;48295 said:
Not exactly. Personal Gallery is only an addition to Forum and that's only a minor aspect of it. Posting an arts on DA is a very major aspect of DA. Also on DA You must post Your own work. Here You may post someone else work as long as an author is credited (according to first Rule about that). Because that's a minor part of us, it didn't bring any important problems to us.

Yes, exactly. Minor or major, they are both technically the same thing when getting down to it. You're just being picky :p

(And DA does allow people to post screencaps, desktop images with art not by the user, and even some art by other people with permission)

However, this is getting off topic, so please, any further discussion just be about the announcement or any questions on what is and/or isn't allowed. ^^;

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
To clarify - the people that have said they don't want their art in distro needs to come down from the albums in the next couple of days or so before we start removing art with no warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.