A fan with problems

2dere

Shasta Beast
A fan with problems

Heya all

First off I want to say thanks. The service that DATS provides us with is great and I'm really pleased to of stumbled upon their efforts.
I'm a Megaman/Rockman fan who has been hooked with everything Ryuusei no Rockman. So watching the Japanese subs has been really great.
My trouble is that, besides not knowing where to post this, I get a really poor quality download. I realize that its something on my end because I've downloaded the same thing from different places and the same result. I've torrented, taken a direct download for new episodes (like the recent Beast) and the qualities all turned out to be same. Its really pixelated and remanents from the previous scene are left behind. Trouble is I've never had a problem with my videos before and have watched countless avi's on different players (Divx video player, Winamp, PowerDVD) and not a problem before, and even now with other avis not related to DATS seem to work great. Does anyone have any ideas as to whats wrong or a more efficient way to troubleshoot? (Since I know not many will read this)

EDIT: Thanks or sorry Scipio

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
The raws that we have for Ryuusei are really poor to begin with, and there isn't much we can do to fix them =/

Hyruler

Greatful Leecher/Seeder>
I watch Ryuusei no Rockman with my RealPlayer and they seem really good. I don't have a problem on my end. I don't know what else to say.

2dere

Shasta Beast
Yeah I'm pretty sure its something to do with my codecs. I just dl'd VLC since that can play anything and its seems to take all the episodes I have perfectly. Which I suppose is a good thing since I was using pawitp's Toomuchanime site to watch what I couldn't. Not that I'm not grateful just nothing beats full screen XD
Now I wonder how to find out whats wrong with my codecs..

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
If a video has worse quality than some megavideo uploaded video(what TMA uses), then there is something very wrong about your codecs. Try uninstalling all your codecs and install CCCP, if something is still wrong. Try KMPlayer, a player with built-in codecs. Not something I would use myself, but it's troubleless AFAIK YMMV.

RollEXE

VLC is the best player I have on my PC. When you fast forward or rewind DivX, the sounds gets lagged. T_T

I'm pretty sure that if you use VLC, your codecs will be fine.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Zoom Player that comes with CCCP (Combined Community Codec Pack) works 10x better than VLC. Sometimes VLC either doesn't read subtitles properly for certain files (usually related to MKV files so probably not a issue here) or tends to crash randomly for me (multiple computers I've had in past) so if you have problems with it might I recommend that. I assume Zoom Player comes solo in a download somewhere, but I am not sure of a link for site for either that or CCCP, and I am too lazy to make a new window and look xP (6:30AM for me x_x)

TuxRug

Retired
Here's the zoom player but I suggest getting the whole cccp available here.

As for players, VLC is ok sometimes, but when using softsubs, stay away from it (it ignores fonts and placements and all that junk). I suggest MPC (in the cccp) or zoom (also in the cccp), or even WMP (included with windows). One may work better than the others depending on your system (MPC works better for me for standard definition, WMP works better for high-def)