♫♪ Have some question ♪♫

Constrictor

Spirit Evolution
♫♪ Have some question ♪♫

I just want to ask what program you guys use to encoded?

What program you use to make subtitle?

Becuase I'm gonna do it in my Language sub for my country. Thx ;)

Expectually person that doing this stuff come answer me xD.

Ps.How long it take you to render 1 episode :D

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
For encoding, we typically use a combination of avisynth and VDub. Kevin uses something else for h264, but I'm not sure what.

For subtitling, we're pretty much all on aegisub.

How long it'll take to get an episode out totally depends on how much we're willing to put into it. It take can anywhere between a day and a month.

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
I thinks he mean "render" as in "to encode" which speed depends a lot on your computer. It can take anywhere between one hours and ten hours.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
It's a more advanced way of muxing together the subs and videos instead of using the TextSub filter in VirutalDub.

You make an .avs file and then add the various filters that you'll be using for your encode. Here's a sample one that I used for the 2nd QC encode of RnR30:
AVISource("C:/Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Subbing Work [ONLY]\[darkside-raws]Ryusei_no_Rockman_30_(640x480_XviD).[5C40A6A6].avi")
ConvertToYUY2()
ConvertToYV12()
Normalize()
Tweak(sat=1.2)
LoadPlugin("C:/Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub ("C:/Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Subbing Work [ONLY]\rnr30[main-fix1].ass")
TextSub ("C:/Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Subbing Work [ONLY]\rnr30[credits-fix1].ass")
TextSub ("C:/Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Subbing Work [ONLY]\rnr30[op-orig].ass")
What it did was open up the raw file, and apply the sub files to it.

I then opened the avs file (rnr30-qc2.avs) in VirtualDub and encoded it.

...eh, I'm bad at explaining. You're much better off doing a generalized Google search for more info on it. :)

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Reading the script gives me question - why do you need to convert the color space twice?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
I have no clue, it's just a basic script that Akai sent me. ^^ *not an encoder*

Constrictor

Spirit Evolution
Well I think I have to start practice it so hardly about Karaoke code. I can't understand how to doing with Karaoke code if you can send me one I'll be very appreciate.

Hardly wait to relese [DATS]Digimon Savers Episode 1 (Thai)

People in my country are waiting for subtitle. (I put DATS.US credits already)

Hopefully people will come to this board a lot after first relese.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
If you plan on translating from our subs, you should send onkeikun a PM, asking for permission.

Also, I request that you not put the DATS tag on it, as it would really be your work. ^^

(I also suggest that you, if onkeikun approves, use the RyRo subs as your translation base, as they have updated translations to be a bit more accurate)

Constrictor

Spirit Evolution
Thx for suggested. I'll see what I can do.

Oh gonna say 1 more thing -I'm gonna put DATS credits anyway because DATS is my home. xD I'm gonna stay here forever