☆ Lucky ☆ Star ☆

Yukihiro

Yellow Snow Merchant~
☆ Lucky ☆ Star ☆

Well, this anime and manga is pretty popular. There isn't much of a storyline or plot, it's sorta like Azumanga Daioh. It's random. There are 4 girls, Konata Izumi, Kagami and Tsukasa Hiiragi (Twins), and Miyuki Takara. The series has 24 episodes.

Other Notes:

Konata is usually called Kona-Chan. She loves video games, and is quite intellectual. However, it's all wasted. She never does her homework, and hates studying. However, the night before a big test or exam, she studies for a bit and memorizes all of the information, so she usually scrapes a pass at the test/exam.

Kagami, is the opposite of Tsukasa. Organized, smart, and clever, she's a bit bossy. She gets short-tempered easily, and is called Kagamin sometimes. She is in a different class than her friends, but comes over to the classroom for 'interesting' lunch discussions. She is not good at the 'housewife and cleaning' department.

Tsukasa is the opposite of Kagami. She's clumsy, her room is a mess, and she gets distracted easily. She neither likes or dislikes studying. She gets tired very easily and often needs help from her sister on homework assignments. Even though she isn't very good at academics and sports, she's great at cooking, a talent that Kagami wants very much.

Miyuki is kind, selfless, beautiful, and is very well-mannered. She comes from a wealthy family. Miyuki is intelligent and frequently gets requests from her friends to help them with their homework. Miyuki likes to sleep, and hates going to the dentist. She is sometimes referred as a meganekko. Whenever she plays video games (A very rare occurence), her wonderful personality changes...a bit. Nevertheless, Miyuki is a nice and kind classmate.

Another side note: In one episode, Konata asks Kagami and Tsukasa what their favorite colors were. Tsukasa says white, and Kagami says black. This may be a reference to the Yin-Yang symbol...?

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Star_(manga)

Magna

Watched the first 14 episodes of it, and I'm not really a fan of it. But Konata does sound a bit like me (more than a bit actually).
I hate it though how it's only mostly focused on them, and that there are few secondary characters, and the fact that it's mostly about pointless chatter that holds no interest to me >.>

Magna

Yes, Gurren Lagann is just awesome <3

But I'm sorry to say this isn't an advertising place, unless you were very dedicated to what you were doing and it completely relates to this discussion(but all I see is one entry about lucky star that could've been easily reposed here). But you can advertise I in your signature :]

The more I think of Lucky Star in general, the lower my impression becomes and the more I want to drop it (strangely I found the quite opposite with Haruhi). There just seems to be nothing new and fresh in that show with many gags on other animes that are hard to get unless you're a fan of many, many animes that I don't have time to watch >.>

RollEXE

You'll find Lucky Star very interesting if you can spot all the otaku-related jokes. XD

I've gone to the point where I know 99% of Hare Hare Yukai, and 95% of Motteke-! Sailor Fuku!

-_-